November 18, 2008

day 1

celebrity gossip. it's a thing we are immersed into, whether we want to be or not.  for me, it's a lifestyle.  i thrive off of it; i love it; i need it - it keeps me going. that's why i've decided to start blogging about my witticisms (that's witty criticisms for my slower friends out there) about the world of pop culture.  so, let's jump into what's happened lately...

first of all, i've been greatly disturbed by all the disney dramz as of late - first lindsay, then miley, vanexxxa, and now a cheetah girl.  when will these girls learn that they represent the mouse house? that millions of youngins look up to them? i mean, i thought it was a general rule not to do blow and take nudie pictures, but apparently not.  it seems like some of the suits at disney ought to sit every new hire down and explain the general rules. 

britney.  probs the fave person to be attacked by the paparazzi, the media, etc.  she seems to be getting her life back on track and the fact that she decided to do the "for the record" on mtv (november 30th) makes a lot of sense - she, like the queen of pop before her, has to reinvent herself and prove to the world that she's a new form of her old self.  plus, after listening to her new album (leaked online...) i can see that she's on the right track - while it's not a masterpiece, it's def what music is now and there's definitely a few marketable tracks - circus, lace and leather, and if you seek amy will probably hit the airwaves in the coming months. 

the simpson family...wow. they're just an endless string of one form of press after another. hopefully ashlee pops out the wentz spawn soon (it seems like she's been preggers for years) and jessica just needs to stop the war with carrie underwood - you got the man, let her have the country career! and stop putting who knows what in your lips...you're a pretty enough girl on your own. next thing you know, the whole family is going to have a reality show - i'm sure papa joe will find a way to make it happen. 

okay, those are my ramblings for today, just so you can get a feel for my stuff.  i'll be sure to do more topical, daily posts reflecting what's happening right now.  

and p.s. two great shows on tv - pushing daisies (abc) and lipstick jungle (nbc)  - are in cancelation limbo, so please watch them - either online or live on tv.  send daisies into the execs at abc and lipstick tubes into the ones at nbc, too!

peace. love. and blogs. 



3 comments:

Rachel said...

BEST BLOG ON THE PLANET :)

you are definitely my new source of celeb gossip (oh wait, you already were, oops)

I am so glad i discovered you in the 6thish grade!

Al-oui said...

amazing, love it. love it. anyways tell me when you need my styling services :)

ps still love your burberry glasses...they're my latest obsession

Al-oui said...

by the way, totally just bookmarked you and Dirty Laundry looks so freakin legit up there on my favorites bar :)))

oh and I didn't even realize I had some sort of blogger account where I entered my name as al-oui...god I'm so french I can't stand it